Protect your family and test your home for Radon gas. This invisible gas is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States. Stories of lung cancer survivors and more radon information can be found at www.canSAR.org.
Radon is radioactive. Inside your lungs the gas can radioactively decay from radon to polonium. It breaks down further over time, each time causing more damage to the sensitive lung tissues. Even small amounts can be problematic. The EPA has a limit of 4 pCi/L, but recommends that home owner consider taking action when levels exceed 2 pCi/L.